For admission to the Master's programme, students from abroad require a Bachelor of Theology or Master of Divinity degree which meets international standards. Proficiency in written and spoken English is an absolute requirement. This will be determined on the basis of a score of 580 or above (237 or above in the computer version) in the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), or an equivalent score in another accepted language test.
If you would like to start a Master’s programme at the Faculty of Theology, you can apply using our online application system. The departmental Examination Board will decide upon your admission after having officially reviewed and evaluated your diplomas/degrees. When you apply you will need:
- A letter of motivation in which you indicate why you wish to enrol in the programme.
- A copy of a paper written at the end of your theological training at Bachelor's level, if possible in English or with a summary in English.
- A research proposal demonstrating sufficient consistency, originality and academic ability.
- A curriculum vitae including photocopies of your qualifications and academic degree(s).
- Two letters of recommendation from your home institute.
- (For non-native English speakers) A certificate of proficiency in English (TOEFL or an equivalent English language test).
- For administrative and insurance purposes, you should also include photocopies of your passport or identity card and a medical certificate of good health.
- A paper written at the end of your master or bachelor studies.
In addition to the tuition fee, your stay in Amsterdam will involve additional costs for housing and living. Read more about financial matters.
For questions of international students about a degree programme at the Faculty of Theology: Stipo Jelec.
For questions of international students about the exchange programme at our faculty: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel: +31 (0)20 598 5029 (Monday to Friday from 10:00 to 15:00).